Optimum, an American internet, cable television, and telephone brand originated as internet service from Cablevision Systems Corporation. The Optimum brand was later bought out by Altice, a French multinational telecommunications corporation, and is currently owned and operated by Altice USA, a company independent of Altice. Optimum primarily serves residents in the New York Tri-State area.
Optimum also offers various businesses with the internet, landline VOIP telephone service branded as Optimum Voice, TV, mobile, Smart WiFi, and ad services.
Everything you need to know about Optimum
Optimum TV offers cable television service in three tiers, namely, Core (220+ Channels), Select (340+ Channels), and Premier (420+ Channels). Written below is all the information on services offered by Optimum TV and all the information necessary to choose from the right plans and packages offered by them.
Benefits of using Optimum services:
Given below are a few of the benefits you get from choosing Optimum:
- Companies usually sneak in hidden fees for HD or DVR service that negate any price advantages. Optimum has no hidden fees and offers one of the lowest equipment fees in the business.
- Optimum provides a high capacity of storage effectively eliminating any recording conflicts you may have. The Optimum DVR can record up to fifteen shows at one time. This high capacity ensures that no matter how many programs you have queued up simultaneously, you can always add more.
- Optimum offers viewers a variety of international options to choose from. If you or your family have a preferred language that isn’t English, you can choose the programming option accordingly. Optimum offers over twenty different international packages to choose from.
- Optimum offers internet speeds up to 400 Mbps and claims it outperforms its competitor’s internet speeds. For internet over traditional cable structure rather than that of fiber optic cable, 400 Mbps is a very good service supplied by Optimum. For an average user, this speed will be more than enough to serve everyday internet needs.
Plans and Packages offered by Optimum:
Here are some of the plans and packages offered by Optimum:
- Best standalone TV Plan (Premier TV): The monthly fee for this plan is $124.99. Best Standalone TV Plan provides users up to 340+ channels to choose from.
- Best double play bundle TV Plan (Optimum 1 Gig and Core TV): The monthly fee for this plan is $105. This plan provides users up to 210+ channels to choose from and offers Download speeds up to 1,000 Mbps.
- Core TV Plan: The monthly fee for this plan is $74.99. Core Tv Plan provides users up to 210+ channels to choose from.
- Value TV Plan: The monthly fee for this plan is $79.99. Value Tv Plan provides users up to 225+ channels to choose from.
- Select TV Plan: The monthly fee for this plan is $89.99. Select Tv Plan provides users up to 290+ channels to choose from.
Registering for your Optimum Account
Before you proceed to the bill payments, it is necessary to have an online account registered with Optimum.
Setup your Optimum Account:
To avail of the online services offered by Optimum, you need to set up an account on their website. Here are the steps to be followed:
- To register online, first, visit Official Optimum Website.
- Click on the ‘Don’t have an Optimum ID? Create one.‘ option present below the sign-in icon.
- Enter your Account Number (present on your bill), Last Name, and Phone Number.
- Enter the given Captcha.
- Click on ‘Continue.‘
- Follow all the remaining prompts on the redirected page.
- Verify all the information. Click on ‘Register.’
Your account will now have been set up.
Login to your Optimum Account:
Once your Optimum account is up and running, follow the below steps whenever you want to log in to your account:
- Visit https://www.optimum.net/.
- On the main page, enter your Optimum ID.
- Enter your password.
- Click on ‘Sign in to Optimum.net‘.
You can click on the ‘Remember me’ option to automatically log in whenever you visit the website without typing your username and password. In case you have forgotten your Optimum ID or password, click on the ‘I forgot my Optimum ID’ option present below the Optimum ID text box or the ‘I forgot my password’ option present below the password text box.
Optimum Bill Payment Information
Given below are all the information that is necessary for you to avail of the online services offered by Optimum and proceed with your bill payments:
How to pay your Optimum Bill?
Optimum currently offers its customers several ways to pay their bills.
- Online Payments: You can make online payments through your credit card/checking account, debit card, or eCheck via an Optimum online account. If you have opted for Direct Debit, the payment will be automatically deducted from your account for every billing cycle.
- Pay by Phone: You can contact Optimum customer service regarding making a payment, or if you have any questions about your bill, on toll-free number 1-866-213-7456.
- Pay in person: Pay in person at an Optimum store or at any designated payment center. Visit https://www.optimum.net/pages/altice-one/account-billing.html and click on ‘Find a location near You‘. Please keep in mind that some of the payment offices may be temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19.
- Mail: You can send your payments through the mail via money orders or a check(payable to Optimum). The mailing address is Optimum. P.O. Box 742698. Cincinnati, OH, 45274-2698.
Current Deals offered on Optimum Services:
Here are some of the offers provided to customers by Optimum:
- 500$ Contract Buyout: If a customer is currently using another internet provider and wants to switch to Optimum, they do not have to wait for the remainder of the contract to expire. Optimum will buy out the customer’s fees up to $500.
- Bundle Internet and TV: As already mentioned above in the article, 200 Mbps of internet speed and over 220 TV channels for $74.99 a month, are plenty of channels and sufficient internet speed for a decent price, especially for a smaller household.
- Price for Life: This offer applies to first-time users on Optimum’s 1 Gig (1,000 Mbps) fiber or cable, depending on area and availability along with an internet plan at $74.99 a month. It is also to be noted that Optimum’s Price for Life internet subscription requires an autopay paperless billing and doesn’t apply to usual taxes and fees.
How to lower your Optimum Bill?
Here are some ways to lower your Optimum bill:
- Cut back on premium channels. In doing so, you can save as much as $20 off your monthly bill.
- Paring down on the cable boxes also ensures the cost is less from your end.
- Downsize the current plan you are on if you do not watch the majority of the channels subscribed to.
- Bundle your cable and internet plans, so that there is a reduction in the overall cost.
- If possible, try to negotiate a lower rate for your subscription.
Optimum Help Information
Optimum offers several customer support options to choose from, depending on the issue you are facing. A few of them are mentioned below:
- To contact the Customer Service / Billing department, call 888-276-5255. The hours of operation are from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on weekdays and 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. on weekends.
- To contact the Technical Support (Internet, Phone & TV) department, call 888-276-5255. They offer 24/7 hours of service.
- To contact the Sales department, call 888-276-8468. The hours of operation are from 8.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
- To contact the Installation & Pending Surveys department, call 888-276-8468. The hours of operation are from 8.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
To know more in detail, please visit Optimum Contact Page.